Posted 16 December, 2019
Fixed Term Contract
About the Job
To support the Programme Director in the execution of the accelerator programme under MaGIC to accelerate the growth of the Malaysian, regional and global startup ecosystem and create a critical mass of investment-ready startups.
In addition, to act as a point of reference for the team members on all matters regarding budget management, tracking, invoicing, financial monitoring and reporting as well as management of team records and administrative support.
- Assisting in running the day-to-day execution of the accelerator programme which includes schedule, operations and communication;
- Supporting Programme Director by jointly planning and executing strategies to increase quality and engagement;
- Supporting Programme Director in identifying, evaluating and tracking suitable startups for admission into the programme;
- Assisting as initial point of contact for requests from programme startups and interested parties at large;
- Assisting Programme Director to secure and onboard new Venture Capital and Corporate partners for the programme and maintain relationships with previous Venture Capital and Corporate partners;
- Assisting in the establishment and nurturing strong networks with internal/external programme partners (startups, mentors, sponsors, investors, stakeholders and other government agencies)
- Assisting Programme Director in ensuring that all processes and documents are in line with MaGIC’s governance guidelines;
- Assisting in designing evaluation framework according to the programme needs and reporting requirements;
- Assisting in identifying gaps in the programme implementation and provide insights and recommendations for programme sustainability to Direct Supervisor and/or Programme Director;
- Assisting with major programme issues and risks as necessary;
- Assisting with identifying areas of improvement and flow of the programme (programme design, policies & procedures) and leading the development and continuous evolution of the accelerator programme. This includes strategic direction of new MaGIC program(s);
- Supporting the programme by providing strategic training for startups (investments, pitching, business model, key metrics and etc);
- Ability to provide extensive growth-focused strategic advice and consultancy to programme startups and alumni;
- Assisting in the development of comprehensive analysis reports (valuation, investment sheet, route-to-market one pager) for programme startups;
- Assisting with the execution of regular monitoring and evaluation of relevant data information (financial, customer acquisition, quantified self-data and etc.) that improves programme startups analysis;
- Supporting additional initiatives from time to time as agreed with the Head of Department (HOD).
Apply for this Job
- Minimum a Degree from a recognised university;
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in related fields;
- Experience working in a corporate setting building innovation project
- Able to assist in facilitating workshops
- People oriented, highly independent, a quick learner & team player and thrive on the excitement of a goal-oriented team;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, willing to learn and self motivated;
- Net savvy and proficient with computer and applications;
- Resourceful and able to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Ability to connect across startups, investors, corporates, partners and government agencies to deliver integrated strategy for MaGIC;
- Possess understanding of the ASEAN startup ecosystem would be an added bonus.