This event has passed
|5 March 2019
||12:30pm - 1:30pm
World Football Summit (WFS), in partnership with MaGIC and Global Sports Innovation Center powered by Microsoft (GSIC), are launching the Asian Edition of the 2019 STARTCUP to locate the best sportstech projects and/or startups across the Asian continent transforming the football and sports industry. For this reason, WFS and MaGIC announce a joint call for projects and/or startups that offer solutions that impact the football and/or sports industry. The technological areas of interest that will be evaluated are distributed in 7 tracks:
- Sport digital platforms.
- Smart & immersive facilities
- Fan engagement & experience.
- Media & rights.
- Next generation of sponsorship.
- eSports, emerging sports, virtual currencies & betting.
The call aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Showcase, support, nurture them and train entrepreneurs to transform their projects into successful companies, while improving their projection, growth and scalability, and connect them with potential clients whilst giving them unprecedented visibility.
- Identify the most promising technological solutions in Asia that operate in, but not limited to, any of the following areas: 1) Quantified-self; 2) Digital sport platforms, 3) Smart & immersive facilities, 4) Fan engagement & experience, 5) Media & rights, 6) next generation of sponsorship, 7) eSports, emerging sports, virtual currencies & betting.
The finalist selected startups, up to a maximum of seven will have the opportunity to pitch their project/startup at a live event, on the WFS Asia event in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia during the 29th & 30th of April 2019.
The call is aimed for entrepreneurs who can contribute with their technological innovation to the development through the different categories mentioned above. In this sense, the present call is aimed for projects, seed stage and early stage companies.
Participants may participate in the call for those projects/startups that meet the following requirements:
- Be a project and/or startup – at least – in Pre-seed/seed and/or early stage.
- Have a dedicated full-time team of at least 2 individuals.
- Have at least a minimum viable product (MVP) and potential to implement internationally.
- The individual promoter / representative of the startup must be of legal age and must have the legal capacity to be bound. You may not be an employee, manager, partner, or maintain a business relationship with WFS at the time of application.
- The promoters of each project/startup may only participate in this call by submitting a single project.
- Promoters may not have been convicted of a felony conviction for any offense.
The winner of the WFS Asia StartCup will receive the following prizes:
- The jury will decide a winner of the WFS Asia StartCup and there will be one special mention.
- 1-to-1 Meetings with The Judging Panel
- 2 Corporate Pass ticket to attend WFS in Madrid in September
- Video Interview Publicized on the WFS Website and Social Media Channels
- Exclusive interview with our Media Partners.
- Access to a database of over 25 mentors and subject matter experts via MaGIC’s Mentorship platform;
- A co-working space hot desk in MaGIC’s Cyberjaya campus for a duration of six (6) months; and
- Networking and pitching opportunities with MaGIC’s corporate and government partners for collaboration opportunities.
- Depending on program availability, the participants can apply to any of the programs, provided that they are qualified and fulfill the requirements
- Visibility, use of logos and information
- Free GISC membership, valid until 12/31/2019
The application for admission to participate in the call will be made through the platform of WFS in partnership with MaGIC and GSIC. Candidates to participate must complete their application for admission by registering and submitting information through the online form available on the WFS website: WFS application (set link)
Applications for admission received or attempted to formalize after the deadline for admission of applications will not be assessed for admission to the program.
Applications Opens: January 9, 2019
Applications Close: March 18, 2019
Finalist announcement: April 1, 2019
Live event pitch at WFS Asia: April 29 & 30, 2019
The organizers reserve the right to modify the dates published in the present document.