|29 June 2019||8:00pm - 11:00pm|
|MaGIC Sarawak @ Borneo 744 View map|
Busker Raya Borneo744 is one of the platforms for unsigned local artists to showcase their talent to the audience and community.
Selected independent local musicians and performers will be given the stage to compete and win cash prizes as well as exposure to take part in future events organised at Borneo744.
Performances will cover a range of genres and cultural background to provide a diverse music offering from local Sarawakians.
First Prize : RM 1000.00 + Certificate + Funnel to other program
Second Prize : RM 800.00 + Certificate
Third Prize : RM 500.00 + Certificate
There will be other activities including CAR GATHERING, CUSTOMBIKE SHOWCASE, KOMIK SARAWAK, BUNDLE BOOTH, and many more.
|8:00 PM||Arrival of Guest|
|8.15 PM||Arrival of Judges|
|8.20 PM||Special Performance by Pinanak Sentah|
|8:30 PM||Busker Competition|
|10.30 PM||Prize Giving Ceremony|
Rules and Regulation :
1. Malaysia Citizens and above 18
2. Group Busking does not exceed 5 persons in 1 group.
3. Each individual is allowed to represent one group only.
4. Participant / Members of the group must be at the contest venue one hour before the competition begins.
5. Each group needs to carry their own instruments – The organizer does not provide any instrument equipment.
6. Ten groups of the participant only
7. All group members are prohibited from performing under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
8. The song must meet the requirements of the competition and the time given to perform is not more than 10 minutes including musical instrument preparation & setup time.
9. Any accidents or loss occurring before, during or after the event is the responsibility of the group itself.
10. The organiser has the right to cancel the participation of any group/participant who fails to comply with the stipulated conditions.
11. Minus One Recorded is not allowed
12. The jury’s decision is final.
13. Each group must register their participation in bit.ly/buskingB744
Who Should Attend:
COME JOIN THE FUN WITH US!
p/s: Interested to open booth? It’s free registration! Please contact Nolly (014-8801059) for further info.
p/s: Interested to join the busker competition? It’s free registration! Please contact Zulfadli (014-6936429) for further info.
Amirul Hamzah bin Sarkawi or familiarly known as Zah Amirul is a 27-year old Kuchingite. He made his mark in the music scene playing for the local underground indie band before going solo and busking around Cat City. His talents and musicality did not go unnoticed as Zah was taken under the wings of Life Records as a recording artist. His first single, Indah was a collaboration with the local band, Say Hello Good Morning. Following the accomplishment of his first single, he came out with the second single of his own called Semua Ini Sama.
Zah Amirul is also known for being a composer to his fellow artists. He had composed for well-known musicians such as Mark Adam, Waris, Adira, Amyra Rosli, Amar Baharin, Raqib Majid, Amira Othman and Ronnie Hussein just to name a few. It is due to these diverse accolades that he was appointed to be one of the judges for Busker Raya Borneo744.
Kaderi Awng Lihi, known as Redd born in Kuching, Sarawak currently serves as a vocal coach at Majlis Seni Sarawak.
Besides the vocal coach, Kaderi is an artist coordinator in and out of Sarawak for all official and unofficial events. He is the main singer for MSS Band. Not to mention, he is also the head of panel for Festival Tari & Lagu Asli Sarawak, an iconic local chapter festival organised by Majlis Seni Sarawak to unleash the potential of those who are talented in the musical field of “Lagu Asli”.
In 1997, he won the “Lagu Asli” competition held nationally in Perak. He was also the winner for a national level competition called “Irama Malaysia” in Pahang in the year 2002.
Muhammad Iqbal Bin Harun, known as qbalharun is a Sarawak-born Instagram influencer, well known for his funny and relatable videos of one’s daily life.
Iqbal started making videos since April 2019 and currently has 78k followers on Instagram with an average view of 20k to 50k. He has participated in quite a few campaigns for the past few years, namely Kuala Lumpur Sukan SEA 2017. He acted in the promotional video of Kuala Lumpur Sukan SEA 2017 with a total outreach of 34k. In the very same year, he also participated in a campaign called Hari Peladang dan Penternak by acting in a promotional video of the campaign with a total outreach of 18k.
In 2016, he is the championship of Vine competition sponsored by Zukieeeee and Dato’ Aliff.